Sunday, September 5, 2010

sleep is so good


I woke up late today.

I was reading Harper's Bazaar until 1:30 in the morning (I was only able to stay up 'til then because I'd had a nap). I am so tired lately I wonder if I'm fighting a cold. Perhaps it's that I've been burning the candle at both ends of my waking hours for as long as I can remember.

There was a time in my life when staying up after midnight was the norm. Thinking about it makes me feel old (I used to also be able to consume loads of fries with ranch and bagels with unthinkable amounts of peanut butter smeared on both sides without gaining an ounce, but I'd rather not dwell on that).

I am just not one of those people who can do without sleep. I am one of those girls you HATE if I have not slept 6 hours. I turn into a whirlwind of a bitch. I whine. Inevitably, I start an argument, no matter who I am with. I become so unbearable, I can't even stand myself.

Thank heavens we don't have a kid.

Yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails