Sunday, July 26, 2009

i heart ______

Some of my favorite labels are Mike & Chris, Society for Rational Dress, A.P.C., Alexander Wang, Rachel Comey, clu, Complex Geometries, Dunderdon, Sunshine and Shadow, and Seneca Rising. They are some of the most "me" lines out there. And, I loved Imitation of Christ when it was still around!

My favorite jewelry is made by Pamela Love, Heather Benjamin, and Unearthen. I also like the style of Lila Rice Marshall (of Round Designs), Claudia Lobao, and Renee Garvey.

Of course, I am always on the lookout for new jeans! Current/Elliot, DL1961, Citizens of Humanity, & Simon Miller seem to meet all my denim needs. I lived for Taverniti So and Proportion of Blu - though they are both now defunct. I especially love Simon Miller (and his jeans) - he tops my list not only for his style, but also for his substance. He is one of the coolest people I met during my time as a buyer. Every guy should own at least one pair, and every girl should meet him - he is really charming.

Lucky for me, the Northwest is busting at the seams with local and regional talent. I really like what I've seen from Prairie Underground, Emily Ryan, Liza Rietz, and Elizabeth Dye. I love Adam Arnold for his dark sense of humor. I got to know Davora and Camilla, head designers and owners of the label Prairie Underground back in 2005, and their line remains one of my favorites. Emily Stark (of label Email Ryan) and I used to work together; Emily is so down to earth and her style is magnificent. Elizabeth Dye made my wedding dress - a confection of tattered silk voile and buttons. I adore it to this day and will treasure it forever.

From the local accessories scene - AK Vintage, Moth Love, DestinyRay, and Hazel Cox top my list. I have a gorgeous necklace by Hazel Cox, and I am looking to buy more of her wonderful creations.

And, there's always lots more to discover...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails