Thursday, August 13, 2009

hazel cox



Hazel Cox is a Portland designer of which I first became familiar back when she (and her business partner) opened Denwave. Denwave came and went, but Hazel's line kept getting better and better. She makes most, if not all, of her unique chain by hand. In my opinion, chainmaking is an incredible and mostly difficult art form - one which few can even master, much less make "cool".

These photos were from a trunk show a few weeks back at Una - I popped in for a few minutes, but I was a little too late! Most of the really amazing styles sold instantly. I meant to introduce myself, but it was crowded. I will be early next time. Huge fan. But not in a stalker-ish sense... just in an "I want to be a lot like this person" sense. If that makes sense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh I love! Hit me up for the next showing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails