Monday, November 23, 2009

inspiration: savannah

Last month, I had the pleasure of visiting Savannah, Georgia for the first time. I hope it's not the last!

I couldn't help but take literally hundreds of photographs - inspiration was in every nook and cranny. Here a few of my favorites:

Entrance to Colonial Cemetery - Savannah, Georgia.


One of many doors into the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.


Special details abound in Savannah, even downspouts are unique.


The grave markers in the cemeteries were spellbindingly beautiful, but proved
to be difficult to photograph. I did manage a few decent shots - this one of a crest.


Decorative railing at the old police station.


The heavenly architecture of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.


More than forty percent of the 2500 buildings inventoried in
Savannah have some historical or architectural significance.



all photos by me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails