Wednesday, November 18, 2009

inspired by: madeleine vionnet

The work of Madeleine Vionnet is a huge inspiration for me at the present moment. I am transported to another time when I view these photographs, which date between 1914 and 1931:

madeleine,vionnet,france,museum

madeleine,vionnet,wedding,bridal,jewelry,dress,museum

madeleine,vionnet,dress,france,wedding,museum


madeleine,vionnet,wedding,dress,bridal,jewelry,portland,oregon
bridal,dress,wedding,portland,oregon,jewelryStyles included a myriad of intricate details, such as these thumbprint tags.


Ms. Vionnet's avant-garde design aesthetic remains a huge influence for couturiers such as John Galliano and Issey Miyake. And a huge influence for me, as well, as I begin work on a Spring 2010 bridal jewelry line.

If you happen to be in Paris, you can view a major exhibition of her work through January 31, 2010 at Les Arts Decoratifs. For a glimpse, watch this short video:




All photos, courtesy,
Madeleine Vionnet collection.

2 comments:

Mabel and Zora said...

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous! I love everything, the tags too! I wish people put more emphasis on tags and little details! I wish I was in Paris...

g r a y l i n g said...

I know! Writing this killed me - I was just so enamored by the styling, the pleats, the drop waists. Watching the video helped, at least!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails